Thursday, July 30, 2015

Save Money with Discount Designer Shoes



I used to be a huge fan of the HBO comedy series Sex and the City, which aired from 1998 until 2004. While most women watched the show for its realistic portrayal of the New York singles scene or for the terrific depiction of the strong friendship between the four lead characters, I watched it because I was in love with Carrie Bradshaw's shoe collection! She had a closet full of the latest Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Gucci, and Prada styles that were absolutely to die for! Seriously, the main reason I watched that show was to get an idea of the latest fashion trends.

Of course, Carrie Bradshaw could afford all that fancy footwear because she wrote a prestigious column for a New York publication and because she was dating millionaire Mr. Big. Those of us in the real world, however, have to shop around for discount designer shoes if we ever hope to wear the same items. There's no way I would be able to afford any of these name-brand sandals, heels, or flats right off the shelf at Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. At $400 or $500 a pair, I would be bankrupt in no time. Instead, I've learned to shop online for discount designer shoes and take advantage of some amazing bargains.

Finding a good website that sells discount designer shoes takes a lot of time and effort. I have tried dozens of different web retailers in the past 10 years or so, and have had both good and bad experiences. For example, on the bad side, I have run into places that sell knockoffs or replicas rather than the genuine article. That would be fine if the sites were up front about their policies, but they were actually trying to pass these things off as authentic. Needless to say, I ditched those stores as soon as I figured out their scam.

Fortunately, there are some places that offer 100% authentic discount designer shoes to the public. These stores carry a wide selection of all the top name brands (like the ones I mentioned above) at tremendous savings. These aren't factory seconds or "irregular" merchandise. The discounts are possible because the footwear is often out of date by a season or two. But if you don't mind wearing last year's models, then you can purchase discount designer shoes at very reasonable prices. This is how I have been able to amass my own modest collection of the most popular name brands out there.

I used to think that all footwear was more or less the same, and couldn't imagine spending a couple hundred dollars on a pair of pumps. But after trying some luxury brands, the difference is like night and day. There's no way I can go back to wearing the cheap stuff again, which is why I'm glad I can buy discount designer shoes online!

No comments:

Post a Comment