Thursday, July 30, 2015

Back Up Your Collection with DVD Burner Software



I am a huge movie and television buff. I watch at least three movies a week, and I spend far more time in front of the tube than the average person. I'm completely unapologetic about my habits, too. I don't care if people think I'm a slack-jawed idiot or that I'm wasting my life. I like being entertained, and Hollywood comes through more often than not.

In order to feed my addiction, I buy all my favorite shows and flicks as soon as the DVDs are available. I have tons of box sets from old series like The X-Files, Seinfeld, The Sopranos, Veronica Mars, and The O.C., as well as current hits like House, Grey's Anatomy, Entourage, and CSI. These DVDs are very expensive, which is why I also bought DVD burner software so I can make backup copies of all my discs.

Today's DVD burner software is very easy to use. I can remember just 10 years ago that copying a disc was a very long, complicated, time-consuming process that took forever for me to learn. What's more, there was a lot of room for error back then, and I ended up with one trashed disc after another. It was very frustrating, to say the least. But those issues are over now that I finally have some good DVD burner software.

There are lots of different options available, but all the programs do more or less the same things. Basically, DVD burner software simply copies everything that's on the original disc, and rewrites it to a new, blank disc that you can then save as a backup. When I say the program copies everything, I mean everything. All the menus, chapters, and extras are included, which is another major step forward from DVD burner software of a decade ago.

Many people wonder if DVD burner software is legal. This is a tricky issue, as the major television and movie studios are of course against such products. After all, if you can make backups, then you won't have to buy more copies of the exact same DVDs, which means they're losing out on some cash. But thus far, the law is on the side of consumers, which is why you can buy DVD burner software at retail stores instead of having to scour the black market to find the stuff. And yes, technically you can make copies of discs that you've rented from Blockbuster or Netflix, but this sort of action is definitely illegal and could cost you tens of thousands of dollars in fines for copyright infringement.

If you have a sizable collection of DVDs, then there's no question in my mind that you need to have DVD burner software. It's far too easy for your discs to get scratched, marred, scarred, or otherwise damaged, so backups are an absolute necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment