Friday, August 7, 2015

Affordable South African Safaris



If you ask me, vacations aren't meant to be spent indoors. I can't imagine shelling out thousands of dollars and traveling thousands of miles to a far-flung destination only to spend the next week shuffling through museums and art galleries. Sure, I can see why that sort of thing would appeal to some folks, but that has never been my style. I prefer doing something more exciting, something that will yield lots of great stories, a few cool pictures, and a treasured memory. That's part of the reason I'm checking into South African safaris for my next adventure.

South African safaris are becoming increasingly popular year by year. There's just something so uniquely thrilling about being able to see big game in their natural habitat rather than behind bars at a local zoo. Plus, the lush, expansive scenery can't be beat, and a safari is likely to be one of the most exotic vacations I'll ever take in my entire life. So obviously, I want to do this right, which means lots of research about South African safaris before actually booking one.

From what I've learned thus far, it seems that custom South African safaris are what most travelers are looking for. This allows you to decide exactly what to see and what to do on your trip. For example, an open vehicle safari in Kruger Park would of course be on the agenda, as that's a must for anyone headed to the area. But I would also want to visit places like Cape Town, Okavango Delta, and Victoria Falls as well, so I'd have to book a package that could be tailored to my specifications. Furthermore, I would definitely want to have a knowledgeable guide who could give me tips, advice, and general info about how to make the most of my journey.

In order to ensure I get the best possible trip on my budget, I'm currently reading independent reviews from past travelers who have been on South African safaris. These reviews rate the different tour companies, and talk about the details of the journey, which gives me a better idea of what I'll be getting into. Moreover, the reviews tell which South African safaris are best for individuals, and which are more suited to groups and families. Plus, there are a wide range of reviews that cover all packages from budget to luxury, so I can better decide if I should upgrade or not.

I'm closer than ever to booking my dream safari to Africa, where I'll be able to see the "big five" game -- lions, elephants, rhinos, leopards, and buffalo -- in all their natural glory. All that's left to do is narrow down the list of affordable South African safaris that I've compiled, check out the tour companies in more detail, and make my reservation. Wow, I can't believe that I'm finally doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment